Chris McDonough wrote:
PAS makes no assumptions about where data exists.

In most configurations, it creates a user object on the fly for each request which isn't persisted anywhere (IUserFactory). You can ideed prompt for a login (by writing an IChallengePlugin or using an existing one) and gather the username and password (by wrting an IExtractionPlugin or using an existing one), authenticate it against the SQL database (by writing an IAuthenticationPlugin), and assign the user roles using data in the SQL database (IRolesPlugin).
This is good.

I'm afraid there's nowhere to go from here except to read the existing plugins and peruse the interfaces to get a sense of what hooks your code needs to provide to be a PAS plugin. I searched a bit to try to find some example code that uses a relational database, but came up dry.
Yeah, thanks. I had come to this conclusion too. :) Looks like I am in for some studying.. :)

- C