Thanks for responding.

The multi-plugin was written by Cris (cc'd above) here at UW. The plugin isn't incredibly invasive, and in fact at one point it seemed to be working so I tend to assume that it may be a configuration/installation/human error. If you'd like to take a look at it, I've copied a tarball and the extracted contents out to http://staff.washington.edu/mdgilb/ for perusal. We've done a fair amount of debugging to the plugin and haven't found a blaring error yet, but it is possible we missed something.

The main problem that we seem to be having seems related to the context of the installation - if the plugin is installed at the zope root acl_users folder, only users listed in that folder with the manager role will have their permission reflected on all plone sites underneath. If the plugin is installed under a plone site's acl_users folder, users with the manager role in that site have the proper permissions, but root level managers (ie zope admins) will have a limited set of rights - once the plugin is enabled for the final plugin type, trying to view all available plugin types again (/<SiteName>/acl_users/plugins) will result in a list of Undo options instead of the expected Plugin Types.

Thanks again,
Michael