Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> IN the long run, this would be better served by a better algorithm
>>> for constructing setuptools working sets.
>> ... which would require having access to the dependency data before
>> installation.
> No, not really, at least not in buildout's case.  It's really not
> that big a deal to download a distribution that you ultimately don't
> use.

If we can keep setuptools from prematurely installing downloaded eggs,
sure;  at the moment, it is trivial to get setuptools into a "false
conflict" situaltion, because it processes dependencies incrementally,
rather than solving the "transitive closure" of the graph before
attempting to install anything.

> I agree it might be better if the index made dependency data
>> available.

Not exposing the dependency information in the index seems like a
missing-feature-is-really-a-bug to me.

- --
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)