On Mon, Jul 11, 2005 at 07:24:29PM +0100, Felix Schwarz wrote:
> Hi Jens,
>
> Jeff Bachtel wrote:
> > I wish I could be more help... I don't have any FC boxes, and that
> > pyperl stuff is tricky enough that it takes me a ridiculous amount of
> > poking to debug it.
>
> I don't think that "my" bug is FC specific. You already had some
> debugging sessions with pyperl: Where would you start looking given my
> bug description?

I'd check for some error being returned by popen. I'd have callee
touch a file (inside Perl) to make sure evaluation was happening
properly. Given all of that, I'd start looking to see what file
descriptors were being given to child processes and piped, to see if
that was getting mangled.

jeff

> --
> Felix

Jeff Bachtel  ([EMAIL PROTECTED],TAMU)    http://www.cepheid.org/~jeff
"For centuries, man had watched  [finger [EMAIL PROTECTED] for PGP key]
the clouds; now, they were watching him." -  S. Sachs