This would solve which problems?

--On 19. Oktober 2005 14:04:23 -0400 Jim Fulton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I'm inclined to make the Zope 2, Zope 3, and possibly the ZODB release
totally static.  This would mean that making a new release would require
using the ZMI to create a subfolder (e.g. for 2.8.3) and editing some
of pages by hand.

Any objections?

Anybody wanna help?

Jim Fulton wrote:
For now, I've edited the Products page,
to havs static links to the 2.8.3 windows and source releases.  I don't
know if this is good enough.  If it isn't, let me know and I'll try to
hack more
pages. Sigh.

Chris Withers wrote:

Is there nothing we can help Andreas to do to purge the caches when he
does a release so Michael doesn't have to deal with everyone who gets
the "insufficient priveleges" message?

I wonder how many people are actually turning away from Zope due to
the shocking state of

Michael Haubenwallner wrote:

Dieter Fischer wrote:

even when I'm logged in.

Hi Dieter,
this is a caching problem we experience sometimes when new releases
are published.

Please use
for now - the other link should be accessible within a few hours.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation