Just one point.

On Feb 9, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Martin Aspeli wrote:

On Thu, 09 Feb 2006 04:17:25 -0000, baiju m <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I think we can have these kind of documentation:

- Zope 3 Tutorial
- Zope 2 Tutorial (Using Five and so lead the user towards Zope3)
- What's new in {Zope2|3|CMF|Five} releases
- ZopeBook (Zope 2)
- ZDG (Zope 2)

Do we really want to add to the confusion by throwing in old Zope 2 documentation, that still refers to Zope 2.6 and has one gazillion very confusing in-line text comments?

If the idea is to deliver the message that Zope 3 is great, clutting the message with Zope 2 cruft (not the same as if we have some really great zope 2 documentation, but what's there has rotted quite a bit) is not likely to help. Maybe we can (and should) get there too, but let's not bite off more than we can chew the first iteration. The *worst* thing we can do is launch a new site that has all the old sites' problems. :)

As attractive the idea may be of everyone switching to Zope 3 right away -- it is essential that the thousands of Zope 2.x server out their still receive some kind of documentation support.

So while it may be true that the documentation is out of date -- this should then be a priority to do a "final" update of the 2.x docs and then focus on all things Zope 3.

Legacy Zope apps are going to be around for the next 3 to 10 years.