- I think fly out menus on Web pages just don't Feel Good (not to
  mention the debatable usability problems they might introduce[2]).

See Mike D.'s comments on that article which pretty much sums up my rationale and implementation.

Still not convinced, but that's just me. We don't have such a deep structure or information density, I would simply put a context navigation on the left (or right) for each section but not on the homepage, like on this two pages:

<http://www.mozilla.org/support/>
<http://www.mozilla.org/about/>

Very simple.

Not really. Just the opposite actually, confusing. My design is certainly more "simple" than mozilla's. Inconsistent page layout. I like sites that have a consistent layout throughout, including the homepage. It's confusing when the navigation changes on a page by page basis. In my case there's no scheme that the user has to *get*.

Tonico