Terry Jones wrote:
This page

  http://www.zope.org/Documentation/How-To/ZCatalogTutorial

is apparently quite out of date. It gives the impression that ZCatalog is a
separately downloadable and installable component/product for Zope, when in
fact ZCatalog is built in.

See bottom ...

It might also be worth noting in the how-to that there does exist a
separable ZCatalog, created by Kevin Dangoor, available from
http://www.blazingthings.com/dev/zcatalog.html. Kevin's code pulls ZCatalog
out of the Zope source tree and rewrites it a little so as not to require a
running Zope instance.

Quoting from that page:
"... This is a packaging of the ZCatalog from Zope 3.1 ..."

This is completele unrelated to the Zope2.x "ZCatalog" and in fact misleading if you do not pay close attention.

I am happy to update the how-to page if someone tells me how to access the
source or sends it to me.

I wanted to add a note but the changed doc cannot be saved anymore.

Regards,
Terry Jones

Michael

--