Lennart Regebro wrote:
On 8/22/06, Martijn Faassen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[snip]
I propose letting www.zope.org/foundation point to a Apache directory,
where we maintain HTML files. We will then generate such HTML files from
restructured text we maintain in the zope SVN repository, using a simple
script that drives docutils.

I'm torn between on one hand, the sillyness of not using Zope + what I
think is a bit tricky from a maintaining point of view and on the
other hand, the benefit of having things versioned.

I have worked with the codespeak stuff, and I can't really say I like
it, although it makes sense when it comes to code, with the automatic
tarball generation form release tags and all that.

Yes, this strategy indeed makes more sense with code (where documentation is often maintained along with the code) than with something like this site.

In the end, what I care most about it that things happen now. So if
this is faster than setting up a plone/cps/silva site, then by all
means, go ahead.

I do think it's faster to get going with this.

[snip]
However, integrating that layout into something that can be used
primarily on Plone (or CPS. Or maybe both, with CPSSkins) usable for
any *.zope.org microsites seems to be to be a worthwhile task.

That's a very welcome offer! We have a (hopefully still) standing offer from the Plone community to host the site on the plone.org infrastructure that we definitely need to investigate.

I hope we can all have this together in a couple of weeks,

Weeks? Wasn't it working yesterday? :-)