[taking people off the cc list, changing the title]

Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

I added "Design 2". I like it much better than "Design 1". I think we should work off of "Design 2" Thoughts?

Hey, great!

I'm afraid I prefer design 1, myself. :) What do you like better about design 2?

I kind of liked the watery theme on top in design 1. I also liked better the way the boxes in the main area rendered, though we'll probably not need them for a typical sub page which will presumably contain text. Finally, there's more unused space on the left side in design 2, design 1 seemed more efficient that way.

Note that both design 1 and design 2 have a slight problem in the rendering of the menu, the word 'documentation' is too long and runs into the next entry. This is on Firefox on linux.

I'd still like to see the design for a sub-page. After all, we're mostly going to see such sub pages.

That is, no blue boxes on the side; that's something good on a front page, and "plain text" in the middle (perhaps with an image or two). Since I'm not a big fan of pull-down menus for navigation myself, perhaps some of the sidebar space could be used for navigation (I'd prefer the left hand side), instead of the menus on top, or perhaps we could use some of the space for info boxes.

plone.org uses tabs on the top for major areas and a sidebar for the subsites - it seems to work well for them, so perhaps this might work for us too. What do people think?