Tom Von Lahndorff wrote:

Yeah, thats the problem. Because IE6 doesnt fully support the hover function in CSS you need a javascript 'hack' to get a flyout to work. It actually a very small and clean script, but an IE hack nonetheless. More info here:

I think we could have submenus display under the menu item once a section is clicked, but until IE gets it together (Im not reading too many promising reviews of IE7) we should probably avoid any 'IE hacks'.

Instead of worrying about the drop-downs too much, I'd really like to see a template that uses a fairly standard left-hand-side navigation (perhaps with major categories on the top). uses this pattern, for instance.