On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Jens Vagelpohl <j...@dataflake.org> wrote:

> On Aug 18, 2011, at 17:54 , Jim Fulton wrote:

>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> Right now there are no specific plans for old.zope.org. As you can see from
>>> looking at the site, we tried to keep content under /Products (e.g. old
>>> Zope releases) and under /Members (member content and software) available
>>> for the moment since very little of it was migrated to the new site to keep
>>> the scope small.
>>
>> Can we spider this into a static site?
>

> Hi Jim,
>
> I'm sure if all the stuff that's currently public is spidered into a static
> site no one would complain. There's no specific reason for anyone to log in
> and access protected content, unless a sysadmin needs to fix something. If
> it's static I could immediately move it off to one of the ZF-controlled
> servers, too.

Great. I have a 400MB tarball.  I put in ~zope on app2.zope.org. I assume you
have access to that machine. If not, let me know where I should
put it.

As soon as you bring up a static old.zope.org (and switch dns, of course),
I'll decommission the current machines.

I'm working on deploying an app for management of user accounts for svn access.

Jim

--
Jim Fulton
http://www.linkedin.com/in/jimfulton