Jim Fulton wrote:

Dominik Huber wrote:

Jim Fulton wrote:

OK, here's an alternate proposal:

  If the permission attribute is used in the adapter directive and the
  permission is not zope.Public, then:

    If the adapter doesn't provide ILocation, we location proxy it and
    set the parent.

    If the adapter does provide ILocation and it's __parent__ is None,
    we set the __parent__.

  This will be accomplished with a custom factory.

Does this make you happy? :)

Yes, cool ;) Can I help anything or are you going to implement that code

I don't think I'll have time to do this soon.  Will this be for
3.1 or 3.2?  Is it a feature or a bug fix? :)

I fixed that issue within the branch 'Zope3/branches/dominik-locatableadapters'
Jim, could you take a look at that please. Thank you very much in advance!