On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 02:04:06PM -0400, Stephan Richter wrote:
| Any constructive input? Will a temporary file be better? Will it work easily
| cross-platform? How was this solved in Zope 2?

So, in Zope 2, what we did recently was to introduce a LARGE_FILE_THRESHOLD
ZConfig variable. If the file is larger than that, we use a temporary
file. I don't see a reason for a temporaryfile (using the module
tempfile?) not be cross-platform. Certainly Tim would know if there's
any issue.

Sidnei da Silva <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://awkly.org - dreamcatching :: making your dreams come true

Little known fact about Middle Earth: The Hobbits had a very sophisticated
computer network!  It was a Tolkien Ring...