Wanted to alert folks, if they are interested and also if they want to check what I've done, that I have checked in code to make Philipp's i18nmessageid.Message usable in Zope 3 (i.e., it works with i18n translate, it's a security "brick", it works in page templates, it's extractable)...I think. I did not find a lot of tests to update, but those I found work (and our app does now too, so far, using them).
Thanks a billion, Gary!
My checkins do not convert the standard zope message id factory (ZopeMessageIDFactory) to the new code. That probably is a post-3.1 thing.
Yes, with X3.1 on the verge of being branched, we don't want to introduce another source of potential problems. It's good that the new implementation will be in the next release in a workable state which means it'll be tested (maybe even in production) long before we switch all of Zope 3 to it.
Once X3.1 is branched, we can begin converting zope.app package by package and then introduce DeprecationWarnings.
Let me know (or fix it yourself :-) if you see any problems. I'm not sure if this belongs in CHANGES.txt or not; if someone wants it there, I'll probably see if Philipp is willing to add it...
Well, the whole reimplementation of Messages were added after X3.0 anyway, so I think this still falls under the entry in CHANGES.txt that I initially wrote when I checked them in.
Philipp _______________________________________________ Zope3-dev mailing list Zope3firstname.lastname@example.org Unsub: http://mail.zope.org/mailman/options/zope3-dev/archive%40mail-archive.com