Michael Kerrin wrote:
Hi,

I have being playing with Twisted / Zope3 / FTP and I can not understand the ICredentialsPlugin plugins from zope.app.authentication and how it is configured.

The major problem I see with them is that currently they are all HTTP based. So when I try and upload a file via FTP (with a username / password stored inside a PrincipalFolder) my user never gets authenticated and I can't upload the file. Worse yet the get the following errors.

I get a "Could not adapt", zope.publisher.ftp.FTPRequest to zope.publisher.interfaces.http.IHTTPApplicationRequest when using the Session Credentials plugin.

An AttributeError: 'tuple' object has no attribute lower when using the Zope Realm Basic-Auth plugin.

And nothing seems to happen with No Challenge If Authenticated plugin. My ftp client just says Could not open file for writing: Can't write file.

Note there is no problem authenticating users defined in the principals.zcml file.

This is simply a result of the fact that no one has written a credentials- extraction plugin for FTP yet.

Jim