as you know I met with Itamar this weekend to work on the Twisted integration.
We made some great progress:
- We verified my integration of the Twisted async loop.
- We reimplemented IServerType to match the need for Twisted servers.
- We implemented a WSGI Web Server hookup including its (Twsited) service.
- We integrated setting the number of threads available.
- We implemented a SSL Web server; it's still a bit buggy though, since we are
using twisted.web2, which is not done yet.
- We have looked at the Twisted FTP server, which unfortunately is still unfit
to do anything useful, but spiv promised to work on it this week, so that it
would be usable.
I have not checked in anything yet, because I still need to write tests and
fix broken ones. We also decided that the Zope application server should be
responsible for logging.
Note: The people that implemented the support for usernames in zserver logs
messed up quiet a bit! They brought ZServer-specific code into the publisher,
thus making zope.server a dependence of zope.publisher. This problem will be
fixed, since the app server will take over the logging.
CBU Physics & Chemistry (B.S.) / Tufts Physics (Ph.D. student)
Web2k - Web Software Design, Development and Training
Zope3-dev mailing list