This sounds very interesting.

Note that this should *not* be merged to the trunk until we've
made the 3.1 branch.

Stephan Richter wrote:
as you know I met with Itamar this weekend to work on the Twisted integration. We made some great progress:

- We verified my integration of the Twisted async loop.

- We reimplemented IServerType to match the need for Twisted servers.

- We implemented a WSGI Web Server hookup including its (Twsited) service.

- We integrated setting the number of threads available.

- We implemented a SSL Web server; it's still a bit buggy though, since we are using twisted.web2, which is not done yet.

- We have looked at the Twisted FTP server, which unfortunately is still unfit to do anything useful, but spiv promised to work on it this week, so that it would be usable.

I have not checked in anything yet, because I still need to write tests and fix broken ones. We also decided that the Zope application server should be responsible for logging.

Note: The people that implemented the support for usernames in zserver logs messed up quiet a bit! They brought ZServer-specific code into the publisher, thus making zope.server a dependence of zope.publisher. This problem will be fixed, since the app server will take over the logging.