Stephan Richter wrote:

On Thursday 21 April 2005 06:38, Chris Withers wrote:

Why are you looking to use this rather than Python's logging package?

The observer below clearly uses the Python logging package:

Oops, sorry, missed that...

Twisted has its own logging framework and the Twisted Web server logs to this framework and not the standard Python one. So we have to hook into it, which this code exactly does.

So, just to check I understand correctly: Zope 3 plugs into Twisted's logging framework such that messages logged to Twisted's logging framework get piped through to Python's logging package infrastructure?

Chris - personally, I'd love to see twisted's logging stuff die...