Dominik Huber wrote:

Here are 2 other alternatives to consider:

1. Add a "locate" option to the adapter directive, which
   defaults to false.  If true (locate="1"), then a location
   proxy is always added to the adapter.

Yup.
-1 That's might be *to much explicitness* for dev

I really don't think so.

> 1 and complecates the
adapter directive too.

Actually, I think it simplifies it a little. It separates trusted-ness from location-ness.

2. Option 1 but default to true if a non-public permission is
   specified.

These alternatives are explicit and hande the case where
permissions are declared in a separate directive.

In both sugestions the problem is not solved, that the public permission declaration within the adapter directive cannot be adapted to all trusted adapters, because the 'valid' security-declartations might be registered within an addional <class...

I think you are mistaken. If you declare permissions in a class directive, you'd use a locate attribute in the adapter directive, as in:

<adapter factory=".myFactory" trusted="1" locate="1" />
<class class=".myFactory">
   <require permission="X" interface="IX" />
</class>

In this case you'd get the location even though the adapter
directive doesn't specify a permission.

Jim