I'm evaluating ZOPE for some projects we might have to implement. ZODB looks very nice for storing object hierarchies but I don't understand how to store relational data.

For example, f I store people and qualified realations between them, I usally have a table 'person' which hold the person records, 'relation_type' which hold the possible relations and 'person_person_relation' which holds the ids of the related persons and the id of the type of the relation.

I don't see how I would store something like this in ZODB and I want to understand if it's better to stick with a relational database for such a case. Or is there a solution, which I might not see at the moment?

This should be no criticism, I only want to understand what Zope is good for and where something else might suite my needs better.