I'm currently playing with a Workflow/Catalog mix, trying to index
workflow states (so I can simply search for published content - a
common usecase in CMF).

However, it appears that workflow statechanges do not trigger
IObjectModifiedEvent, to which the catalog subscribes to track changes
and reindex objects.

This might be workflow specific, it might also apply for all
IAnnotable data (not sure).

I can (and for now probably will) work around this in my own code. Is
there a reason for the above behaviour?

Drs. I.R. van der Wijk                                      -=-
Korte Leidsedwarsstraat 12                                 Amaze
1017 RC Amsterdam, NL                                       -=-
T +31-20-4688336         F +31-20-4688337       Zope/Plone/Content Management
W http://www.amaze.nl    E [EMAIL PROTECTED]           Open Source Solutions
W http://vanderwijk.info E [EMAIL PROTECTED]                 Consultancy
PGP http://vanderwijk.info/pgp