Hi all. As part of its current Zope 3-based client engagement, Zope Corporation has been developing a number of packages that we plan to release as open source once we feel they are "cooked".

One that seems to have sparked special interest is our new variation of much of the zope.app.form code. At ZC, we now use "zc.page" (a package that should become something like "zope.page" in the future) exclusively over the zope.app.form code to create forms (although note we still use the widgets in zope.app.form.browser, and zc.page does not include any widget code). We like it, and find it to be a significant improvement over zope.app.form. While the package seems to be settling down now, it is still cooking: we're making changes as we need them, without worrying about breaking anyone else.

We're still making it available publicly today, though, as a "sandbox" checkout of a snapshot from our internal repositories. If you are interested, please feel free to check out the zc sandbox:

svn.zope.org/repos/main/Sandbox/zc

Note the README.txt in zc which gives an overview of the zc sandbox and the page package in particular. The zc.page package contains the usual doctests to try and explain the package.

Comments welcome. And, contributors, feel free to make your own sandbox for projects similarly "in progress" but hopefully on their way to the main zope project tree.

Gary