Garrett Smith wrote:
I'm not wedded to this philosophy,  but I think Zope should provide as
little application-specific event notifications as possible. I think
even the distinction between 'content' and 'metadata' in the current
implementation is dubious. (I don't believe the 'metadata' events are
even used.) I'd just as soon see a single 'object modified' event that
gets fired by the ZMI interfaces as appropriate.

After thinking about it, I'm inclined to agree.  I meant to note this
in my message.

Jim