Chris Withers wrote:
Hi All,

Zope 2 has the nice ability to allow you to override Products.
For example, I just found a bug in ZCTextIndex which will need fixing, so between now and 2.7.7, I can just run with a patched ZCTextIndex product in my instance home without having to worry about whether the base code is patched or not on a cluster of machines.

How will this work in Zope 3, particularly w.r.t. ZODB persistence of classes which I might want to override in this way?

First of all, we don't call it "products" anymore, because "products"
are those strange things that look like a Python Package, seem to live
in a super package (Products) but really don't.

In Zope 3 we simply talk about Python packages. And that change in
terminology reflects also everything about how they are handled: like
Python packages. So, the version of a package wins that is first found
in your PYTHONPATH. It's that easy.