Stephan Richter wrote:
On Thursday 26 May 2005 12:53, Jim Washington wrote:
I would rather not alter and maintain the foundation-level code in
zope.app.pub*. Would it be possible to do this as a product? Presuming
it is bad form to monkey-patch zope.app.publication.httpfactory, is
there a more component-ish way to do the same thing? Or would it be
best to set-up a collaboration and put it in the core?
Here is how to do it for the current trunk.
1. Create your custom HTTPPublicationRequestFactory implementation, basically
extending the __call__() method.
2. Create a server type using your own factory; see zope.app.server.http.
3. Register you custom server type as a utility, see
4. In zope.conf use your custom server type.
5. Implement the protocol similar to XML-RPC.
If you're looking for an example of how an external package provides
another server type, see the davuseragent package I wrote once with Paul
Everitt (http://codespeak.net/svn/z3/davuseragent/trunk/). It's written
for Zope X3.0 but could easily be adapted to 3.1.
Zope3-dev mailing list