I tried your resourceDirectories directive and it worked just fine.
Even though it is no big deal to register each subdirectory individually, I
didn't yet understand, why this is necessary.

> because perhaps you won't
> use all
> subfolders of your resource. e.g. use some external javascript
> libraries packages.

I didn't get that point. Probably I am a bit slow ...

> I will move this to the z3 core after release 3.1
> if somebody is interessted to have it there.

Sounds good.
I wonder, whether it is useful to have both resourceDirectory AND
resourceDirectories. Isn't resourceDiectories just a better version of
resourceDirectory and shouldn't resourceDirectory be deprecated in favor of