Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

Stephan Richter wrote:

On Sunday 05 June 2005 09:35, Jim Fulton wrote:

- What's the deadline for this?

Well, um, Stephan was hoping to make the beta today. :)

I don't know if we can treat the absense of DAV locking as a bug and
get it in after the beta.

No, that would be a feature. So we either have the choice of waiting a week or making an alpha release. I am for the first option, since I would like to have all packages included in the release.

Why is DAV locking all of a sudden so important that we want to delay the release at least another week?

- Without it, external editor doesn't work

What's so important about external editor?

It's one of the more popular and useful add-ons for Zope.

It's already implemented and just needs DAV locking to be finished.

> Do *you* need it?

I don't need it right away.

- It's a significant hole in our DAV implementation.

Our DAV implementation probably has other holes too. There are DAV test suites and I'd seriously be surprised if LOCKing was the only significant "hole".

It is a basic capability.

Seriously, am I missing the focus of this release?  I thought 3.1 was to
bring us a simpler component architecture and a better authentication system.

It has a number of other features of interest to people.

> I think that's quite enough to justify a version increase by

I agree

> What ever happened to release early and often? After all, we
released X3.0 even though it was imperfect. And boy it has some "holes"...

Fair enough.

All other things being equal, this wasn't enough to delay things another week.

In fact, you clipped out the part of my note in which I said I'd be in favor of
releasing sooner.


Jim Fulton           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]       Python Powered!
CTO                  (540) 361-1714  
Zope Corporation
Zope3-dev mailing list

Reply via email to