Jim Fulton wrote:
Martijn Faassen wrote:

We have some concerns though:

* the snapshot is probably aging as bugs get discovered and fixed in your repository. Could you perhaps update the snapshot?

Okay, cool!

* it requires Python 2.4.1. Zope 3.1 to my knowledge is targetting Python 2.3. It looks like it's fairly easy to rewrite the few decorators that are in the package itself so they work with Python 2.3 instead, but we don't want to maintain our own fork. Obviously we want to use this with Zope 3.1. Am I mistaken about the Python version targetted by Zope 3.1?

No.  It supports Python 2.4 though.

Ah, I didn't realize that this was the case. We should make sure that's announced when the 3.1 release is done.

 > I'm rather confused that you're apparently using Python 2.4.1 for

internal Zope 3 projects.

Why?  Python 2.4 makes some things more convenient.

Sure, but I thought that Zope 3.1 only supported Python 2.3, not 2.4, so this was my first hint that Zope 3.1 actually is also aimed at supporting (but not requiring) Python 2.4.

In partcicular, I really have come to like the new features in Zope 3.1
that let us declare adapted interfaces and to declare provided
implemented interfaces for functions.  The decorator syntax makes this
more readable.

Still, of course, for the bits we open source, I guess we are going to have
to port back to 2.3.  We're happy to do this if people start using zc.page.
We've gotten almost no feedback up until now.

Well, there's no need if we just say that this bit requires a Zope 3.1 running Python 2.4; why create extra work for ourselves? I just didn't realize that using Python 2.4 was possible or recommended, but since you're doing it on a project I guess there's no objection to doing so with our project either.