Am 16.06.2005 um 18:33 schrieb Paul Winkler:

On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 12:18:06PM -0400, Benji York wrote:

I'm a bit confused by this conversation.  GUIDs (globally-unique
identifiers) aren't neccesary for integer IDs.  We just need
locally-unique identifiers, which are much easier to generate.

What about export / import of content?
That makes "locally" hard to define.

Point is, that export / relocated import are exactly an example for not globally unique ids. For example one has two instances, a staging and a production environment the assumption of globally unique ids would only allow a one way transfer of objects.

Just as a note