Jim Fulton wrote:
[snip]
It would only be safe to use None as a BTree key if all of the keys used
were None, which wouldn't be very interesting. :)

It'd also make sense if you didn't do a range query, right? I.e. you're just looking for (None, None). I realize though that queries with None do something else entirely, as they open the range.

Anyway, perhaps a comment should be in place specifying that None cannot be indexed; this way it just looked surprising.

Now I'm going to figure out why an object that has a repr() with the same memory address in it isn't itself when the 'is' operator is used, and one of them doesn't have a __name__ and __parent__. This is the next thing that's confusing our cataloging.

Regards,

Martijn