On 7/8/05, Florent Guillaume <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm having a hard time grasping the reasons why we have both
> ILocation and IContained.

The documentation is slim; I'd certainly appreciate hearing a
definitive clarification from Jim as well.

> class IContained(ILocation):
>      """Objects contained in containers."""
>
> But ILocation provides a __parent__ already, which seems to imply
> that it's contained in it. No?

My own understanding is this:

- ILocation refers to the __parent__/__name__ API, which allows these
attributes to have None as a value.

- IContained indicates that the object is actually contained in an
IReadContainer, not just that it can be contained.

  -Fred

Zope Corporation