Pupeno wrote:
I am reading http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/contentobject.html and I am wondering about the choice of interfaces. Why not just making an interface IMessage(IContainer) (instead of IMessage(Interface)) and avoid having to make IMessageContained(IContained) and IMessageContainer(IContainer) ?

i think because of the preconditions - to define them you need IMessage defined, which would not be the case in the class definition of IMessage

Now that I think about it, it should be IMessage(IContainer, IContained).
At any rate, I believe the answer should make its way into the book.
Thanks.