On Friday 15 July 2005 13:16, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> For a Zope 3 project I'm working on, I'd like the root of the site to be
> stateless.  In other words, I don't want the root of my application to
> be stored in ZODB; I want it to come from either the filesystem or
> Python code.  In fact, at the moment, I'd prefer not to open a ZODB
> connection at all.  Is there any way to do that?

You basically have to write you own publication object. See
zope.app.publication.zopepublication.ZopePublication for an example. In fact
I think all you have to do is to override the `getApplication()` method. You
then have to write your own server setup code. I will revamp a lot of the
zope.app.appsetup and zope.app.server code for 3.2 to make this sort of thing

Stephan Richter