On Jul 19, 2005, at 1:06 AM, Jeff Shell wrote:

Hi Gary! I'd be very interested in this. It's not critical for me
right now, so there's no need to rush making something available. I
have an inefficient but fun solution for my system that can be
replaced when this comes along. I primarily wanted to know the state
of the indexes.

OK, cool. I'll try to get it up in the next few days (maybe even today).

Is what's there right now going to be what ships with Zope 3.1 final?

To my knowledge and understanding, yes: 3.1 is feature frozen, and the code I wrote about is all about new features.

I'm tempted to try putting this out as another package, the way zope.formlib was done: that way you could install it in 3.1 if you desired. The (possibly) big downside is that then we have an unnecessary division of the code in Zope 3 proper (zope.index and zope.app.catalog) versus this new stuff.