Martijn Faassen wrote:

Hi there,

I'm trying to debug the security of a Zope 3 application (in Zope 3.1 beta) and I am having trouble getting ZOPE_WATCH_CHECKERS to work.

Note that I was trying this as matters are aggrevated by zope.app.exception.browser; there's a view registered for IUnauthorized which suppresses a traceback from appearing in the log, so it becomes extremely hard to debug security with that enabled. If I disable that, I do see a traceback, which at least helps me further.

This did help me further, until I realized that this view is in some way involved in presenting the login dialog as well, and disabling it doesn't let me log in. As a result, I am now stuck debugging this security issue. There must be a way others use that does work -- what am I missing? I only want to be able to see which permission on which object is failing.

Regards,

Martijn