Shane Hathaway wrote:
I'd like to change Zope 3 to log exceptions using zope.exceptions.exceptionformatter.

+1

> Zope's exceptionformatter formats
tracebacks with information from __traceback_info__ and __traceback_supplement__ variables, which is very useful for debugging problems with page templates. I've made all the necessary changes in my own Zope 3 sandbox. I've also added an option to exceptionformatter for displaying module filenames rather than module names, so that old concern is gone.

I assume you meant "I've also added an option to exceptionformatter for
displaying module names rather than module file names, so that old
concern is gone.

However, the place where it's possible to properly install exceptionformatter as the traceback generator is inside ZConfig. AFAICT, ZConfig tries hard to not import anything from the zope package.

Yes.

> So I
don't know how to get my code installed without poking a hole in ZConfig. What should I do?

I don't know and I don't have time at the moment to find out.
Maybe Fred will have an idea.

Ideally, the exeption formatter would be a utility or perhaps
a view that we could somehow arrange for the logging system to use.

Jim