On 7/23/05, Andreas Reuleaux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ul is not allowed within a p tag, not even in HTML 4.01 Transitional

> This is just my advice by looking at this problem from an html perspective
> - there still might be a problems with the zope page template code.

The HTML parser will indeed scream for the reason you give; the markup
as shown is insane.  Interpreting the <ul> as content of the <p>
doesn't make sense given the specification or behavior of browsers:
The <ul> is considered to imply </p> (as expected in the SGML world of
HTML 2.0 through 4.01); the </p> following the </ul> would be ignored
by a browser, but we decided it would be better to yell at the
template author for creating a fundamentally broken template.

Zope Corporation