Andy Dustman wrote:
On 7/24/05, Jaroslaw Zabiello <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I have mysql 4.1 with database and all tables set to utf8. I have problems
with Zope3.1beta/win32. I cannot query the database with mysqldbda adapter
because I get an error: "unknown encoding: latin1_swedish_ci".

http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=7891

MySQL-4.1, prior to 4.1.9 (and 5.0.3), returns the collation instead
of the character set; that's what you're seeing here. What client
version are you running? I assume you have at least
MySQL-python-1.2.0; older versions probably won't work with MySQL-4.1
(some 1.1 versions will, but 1.0 will not).

I've just added the encoding attribute to the ZopeDatabaseAdapter (rev. 37378). Also I've changed psycopg adapter to respect the attribute. Can someone change mysqldbda to use self.getEncoding() instead of connection.character_set_name()?

--
Dmitry Vasiliev (dima at hlabs.spb.ru)
    http://hlabs.spb.ru