Stephan Richter wrote:
On Monday 01 August 2005 07:13, Benji York wrote:

Hmm, crazy idea: perhaps we should ask the Zope 2 folks (developers) if
they'd be willing to do the work to get to 2.4.

Jim asked this weekend on Zope-Dev whether someone would like to work on switching Zope 2's security implementation to Zope 3's, iow switch to name-based security. Implementing the proposal would solve a lot (if not all) of the Python version issues.

Unless we make the Zope 3 protection scheme optional initially, which is
likely.

Jim