-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Call for Papers -- OSS Database Conference
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 11:55:54 -0700
From: Josh Berkus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: pgsql-announce@postgresql.org

Software & Support Verlag, the producer of internationally renowned conferences such as JAX, International PHP Conference, ApacheCon Europe and others, announces a new conference for the international Free Software/Open Source community:

Open Source Database Conference 05
November 7 to 9, 2005
Frankfurt, Germany

It is our pleasure to invite you to become part of this new conference by sending you the official Call for Paper. Your submissions would be very much appreciated. Please find further information on the conference and on the submission proceeding below.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE CONFERENCE AT A GLANCE

* Open Source Database Conference 05: November 7 to 9, 2005
* Event location: NH-Hotel Frankfurt-Mörfelden
* Main conference: November 8 and 9, 2005
* Power workshops (tutorials): November 7, 2005

* Duration of a session: 75 minutes
* Duration of a power workshop (whole day): ~ 6 hours
* Duration of a power workshop (half-day): ~ 3 hours

* Entry form: http://input.entwickler.com
* Closing date: August 19, 2005

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The main conference is divided into the following tracks:

- Database Fundamentals
- Database Development
- Database Administration
- Business Intelligence
- Free Software/Open Source Database Business

Conference topics to be covered are:

- Database Administration
- Migration to Free Software/Open Source Databases
- Performance tuning and optimization
- APIs/Connectors
- New Technologies
- Lowering TCO with Free Software and Open Source RDBMS
- Case studies
- Community-related topics

Languages, technologies: all (Java, PHP…)

We are looking forward to your submission and wish you all the best!
--
--Josh Berkus

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project Core Team
www.postgresql.org

(all opinions expressed are my own; I do not speak
 for the Project unless specifically noted.)

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

--
Stéfane Fermigier, Tel: +33 (0)6 63 04 12 77 (mobile).
Nuxeo Collaborative Portal Server: http://www.nuxeo.com/cps
Gestion de contenu web / portail collaboratif / groupware / open source!
begin:vcard
fn:Stefane Fermigier
n:Fermigier;Stefane
org:Nuxeo
adr:;;14, rue Soleillet;Paris;;75020;France
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Directeur / CEO
tel;work:+33 1 40 33 79 87
tel;fax:+33 1 43 58 14 15