On Aug 8, 2005, at 10:21 AM, Fred Drake wrote:

On 8/8/05, Gary Poster <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

lol.  eek.  yuck. :-)

Yep.  Not sure what the best way to avoid this would be, either.

I'm assuming you mean in Zope 3, rather than avoiding this possibility in Python, which seems like futile road.

The relatively-quick-and-obvious-to-me-but-not-necessarily-correct solution would be to

- make the zope.security.checker._available_by_default data structure rebuild itself the same way that the _checkers data structure resets in _clear;

- add an API to add a name in zope.security.checker, parallel to defineChecker

- make yet-another-zcml-directive to set the name, and use it in zope.app.security.

- delete _protections.py and all references to it.