On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 03:07:33PM +0200, Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:

| What I don't like about annotations is that the information is stored on
| the object itself.

FYI the annotations framework can be used while storing the annotation
elsewhere.  For example

http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/principalannotation.html

| That's why I'm using relations in cpsskins
| (http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/file/z3lab/cpsskins/trunk/storage/relations.py)
| instead of using annotations even for trivial things such has whether an
| object is visible or not.
[...]

I'll have to research this some more.  It sounds like some interesting
ideas on how to organize and manage the data.

-D

--
"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose."
    --Jim Elliot

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]