On Aug 12, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Julien Anguenot wrote:

Hi,

I started to add an XML Schema suppport on Zope3.

Great!

FWIW, I looked at this a couple of years ago and concluded that, with a reasonable amount of work, zope interfaces could support all of XMLSchema, but not vice versa. I started thinking about namespace extensions to XMLSchema to be able to express some of the zope.interface capabilities, but discarded it, since the real advantage we saw to XMLSchema is being able to use off-the-shelf tools and interoperate easily. So, while I think this can be an exciting and compelling approach for some problem domains, IME you won't get (useful) round-trip capabilities unless you constrain yourself to the limitations of XMLSchema. We weren't willing to accept this at the time.

That's not to say I'm against it, at all: just an observation.

Gary