On Aug 12, 2005, at 2:06 PM, Gary Poster wrote:

On Aug 12, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Julien Anguenot wrote:
I started to add an XML Schema suppport on Zope3.

FWIW, I looked at this a couple of years ago and concluded that, with a reasonable amount of work, zope interfaces could support all of XMLSchema, but not vice versa.

BTW, the obvious following question to my email is "how are they insufficient"? I did this two years ago, and sadly don't remember the details, so feel free to ignore me as without proof.

To me, though, it is to be expected. XMLSchema is neither omniscient nor Turing complete. Programming languages at least have number two. Moreover, we control zope.interface, which is a blessing and a curse. Problems that fall out of our current framework are only an editor-session away--and yet a lot fewer people have drunk our zope.interface Kool-Aid--or are likely to drink--than the XML Schema Kool-Aid.

So again, not intended to be throwing cold water, just observing. For some use cases, such as making a system designed to be customized by minimally-trained users (yours, AIUI), the advantages of XMLSchema are likely more important than its disadvantages.