http://www.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/Zope3Book/principalannotation.html

| >| That's why I'm using relations in cpsskins
| >|
(http://svn.nuxeo.org/trac/pub/file/z3lab/cpsskins/trunk/storage/relations.py)
| >| instead of using annotations even for trivial things such has whether an
| >| object is visible or not.
| >[...]
| >
| >I'll have to research this some more.  It sounds like some interesting
| >ideas on how to organize and manage the data.

| Hi Derrick!
|
| maybe I didn't explain what the actual issue is:
|
| The problem is not whether the annotation data is stored *elsewhere* but
| whether the annotation data is "tied" with object or not.

Ahh, I see.  That is a little bit different.

| If it is tied with the object, then whenever you use annotations to
| store a relation between several objects, you have to store the relation
| twice if the relation is dyadic, to be able to do a reverse lookup:

Yeah, like the classic doubly-linked list.

I'll definitely have to take a look at this relations tool and see how
it works.  Thanks for explaining that.

-D

--
If you want to know what God thinks about money,
just look at the people He gives it to.

www: http://dman13.dyndns.org/~dman/            jabber: [EMAIL PROTECTED]