Ruslan Spivak wrote:

For those who is interested, i created blog entry containing 'timeit'
benchmarks results for Python and C versions of AdapterLookup:

There is also test script attached there.

By my estimations(i hope i'm not wrong :) C version gives ~20-26% speed
up for different methods.

I hate to say this, but I'm working of a total redesign of the adapter
management and lookup architecture.  I'll evaluate it before I adopt it,
but if I do, it will make your changes irrelevent.  I with I knew you
were working on this. Sorry.

I'll be interested to look at your changes when I have time, which won't
be for a few weeks.

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation