Not a good reason, just laziness -- basically our app is deployed in
two pieces, and it's easier to write the installer for the piece
containing zope.proxy if you don't need to worry about the extension
module.  Actually, that's only true for our Win32 target.  Just
thought I'd check before spending the time with the build script.