On Aug 23, 2005, at 1:11 PM, Gary Poster wrote:
FWIW, my concluding sentence would have been better written as "Meanwhile, deciding that a community project require an O/R back end over FileStorage or DirectoryStorage, as Florent argues, feels like a significant case of "throwing the baby out with the bath water"."

Argh, communication. That still could be too-easily misinterpreted, and I didn't stare at it long enough before I sent it. One more try.

Meanwhile, deciding that a community project require any specific backend--Ape, FileStorage, DirectoryStorage, or another--feels like a mistake. Discarding FileStorage or DirectoryStorage, as Florent argues, is a significant case of "throwing the baby out with the bath water". We have at least three maintained and capable ZODB backends, with different strengths and weaknesses, appropriate for different use cases. Lets not jump to discard any of them.

Gary