Jean-Marc Orliaguet wrote:
Jim Fulton wrote:

Lets say I have a content object, say a poll.  Now, I want that
poll to have a number of pages:

- index.html

 This page displays the poll question and collects input.
 If the user has already taken the poll, it indicates as much
 and initializes the input to their previous answer.  If they
 submit input, it overrides their old input with their new input.

- report.html shows poll results

- edit.html allows the poll question to be edited.

Now, How would I create these pages with CPSSkins?

it would not be concerned with index.html / report.html / edit.html AT ALL.

you would just place a "Main Content Portlet" in the middle of the page
and let the application underneath take care of rendering the poll screens.

the portlet renders the current view that gets inserted it into the
theme at the location of the portlet.

Let me try to rephrase this: The portlet renders the current view.
It renders it into the location of the portlet within the theme-defined
page. :)

Where does it get the current view? Is it normally passed in? By whom?

cpsskins does not do form rendering, document editing, or such things
that are already done with page templates. the rendering of such pages
is delegated to the application for instance.

Do I define each of these pages in a theme?

you don't, you only put a single portlet in the middle of the theme page
that will render them, as a main macro-slot would do.

Or, perhaps, the theme pages are only used to provide a
a master page with a space for rendering individual page
content.  Are theme pages used like page macros in Zope 3
or like Zope2's standard_template?

yes, inside the theme you leave a "window area" to display views from
the application you're designing a theme for. You can use the zwiki
application under cpsskins already, although cpsskins knows nothing
about wiki pages.

OK, I get it. So this this is all about defining what Tres likes to
call the "O wrap".  The stuff that is drawn around the application
generated markuo and that, through CSS styles, images, etc, has
some influence on how the markup is displayed.

So, what if I wanted to use portlets within one of my application
views?  Does CPSSkins let me do that too?

CTO                  (540) 361-1714
Zope Corporation